Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
too many authors

greetings,
too many authors causes calibre to export wrong tags on "sending". I have exported folders that have names that are shortened versions of their full names. I noticed this only happens when there are too many authors in the author field.
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
export wrong tags on "sending". I have exported folders that have names that are shortened versions of their full names.
I don't know what you mean by "wrong tags" but actual filenames and paths can only be so long in certain Operating Systems. When that limit is surpassed calibre truncates the info in the filename as required. If your book type supports metadata (epub or mobi?) then the tags and authors info exists inside the metadata of the book completely intact.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
dwanthny you'll answered my question. I didn't consider the fact that I'm using author name as part of the filename. Some were entirely too long. Thanks
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
dwanthny you'll answered my question.
Thanks
You're Welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote