Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
crazyken
crazyken began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question from newbie

Can anyone tell me why so many of the books I download have the tag "antique" already added. This seems a strange sort of tag to add or is it a default of some kind, if so can I prevent it?
Thanks.
crazyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyken View Post
Can anyone tell me why so many of the books I download have the tag "antique" already added. This seems a strange sort of tag to add or is it a default of some kind, if so can I prevent it?
Thanks.
There are 2 places where Calibre can be set to add tags on Import (Add):
Add from ISBN
and
Preferences: Adding books (about 3 lines down)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyken View Post
Can anyone tell me why so many of the books I download have the tag "antique" already added.
Most likely what has happened is that the creator of the ebook has added a category of "antique" to the book's metadata. When importing a book, calibre will attempt to read the book's metadata and import what it can into the appropriate area in its database.

Can you provide a link to one of the downloads so that we can see for ourselves?
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
crazyken
crazyken began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I think you are right Halo, all the affected books seem to come from the same up loader.
Thanks!
crazyken is offline   Reply With Quote