Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

WAV files

I ran into a problem trying to listen to a voice-mail, sent to my email from my Vonage account. It was attached as a wav file and the native Android music player announced it could not open it. I knew the edge supports wav, so I searched out a solution. Remote Wave, available here http://www.toremote.com/ (You can buy Remote Wave (US$2.98) via transferring money to our Paypal account: AndroidRemoteControl@gmail.com, tell me the email address used to receive the applications and future updates). After downloading the file use ES File explorer to open by long pressing, choose Open As, Audio, Complete action using Remote Wave. The only thing I don't understand is that my G1 plays wav through the music player, so what's different here on the edge?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes, my G1 runs Android 1.6, and I sent a ticket to support for info.

Last edited by cheyennedonna; 06-12-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #3
educator
Edge User

I have the same problems and I kinda figured out why. It all depends on how the WAV is encoded. The WAV that is created by VOIP and PBX systems will not open in the Android environment. It's funny because I can open up many other kind of WAVs

Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Except the same voice mail plays on my phone, through the music player, so more specifically perhaps the encoding is not recognized in the edge environment. If so then the development team can maybe fix it.
OK - tech support replies - "The enTourage eDGe does not have a codec specified by default to use to playback adaptive bitrate .wav files." " We will be adding support for this type of file in a future update."

Last edited by cheyennedonna; 06-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.