Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Uriel.Fanelli
Uriel.Fanelli began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sony
Sony PRS505 and e-comix

Hi All

i have lot of comix in cbr and cbz format, and I would like to send them directly to the device, since it is able to read .cbz format, and I did a small bash script to uncompress cbr and transform them in cbz.

When I say "directly", I mean "without conversion". Ok, of course I may manually copy them inside the device, but I would like to manage them with Calibre, too.

So the problem is: is there a way to force calibre version 0.7.13 (as ubuntu ships) to transfer .cbz to the device, instead of converting them?

thanks in advance,

Uriel Fanelli
Uriel.Fanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
For that to work, CBZ would need to be included in the list of available file formats in the Sony driver. See if it is, and, if so, if it is checked.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel.Fanelli View Post
i have lot of comix in cbr and cbz format, and I would like to send them directly to the device, since it is able to read .cbz format, and I did a small bash script to uncompress cbr and transform them in cbz.
The 505 does not support cbz files so the format will not be added to the list.

If you are using an alternate firmware then you should disable the Sony device plugin. This will allow you to connect to the Sony using the Connect to folder option. You can then connect directly to the folder (which will be treated as a device) and transfer the cbz books to your device via calibre just as you have always done.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
So the problem is: is there a way to force calibre version 0.7.13 (as ubuntu ships) to transfer .cbz to the device, instead of converting them?
i
Just a heads-up that this is quite an old version of Calibre (about 6 months old) and answers you get here are likely to be based on the current version (0.7.34).

The versions of Calibre in repositories tend to be quite old so many Linux based calibre users prefer to use the calibre binary distribution direct from the calibre site so that they can take advantage of the frequent (typically weekly) update releases as new features arrive at a frantic pace.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Quote:
Just a heads-up that this is quite an old version of Calibre (about 6 months old) and answers you get here are likely to be based on the current version (0.7.34)
Excellent catch, slipped right by me. Although you're going to confuse folks when you refer a version of calibre (0.7.34) that hasn't been released yet.

@Uriel.Fanelli - The directions for using the binary install can be found here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Excellent catch, slipped right by me. Although you're going to confuse folks when you refer a version of calibre (0.7.34) that hasn't been released yet.
Obviously I am in a time warp

However in a few days time my statement about the current release will be true
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Uriel.Fanelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
For that to work, CBZ would need to be included in the list of available file formats in the Sony driver. See if it is, and, if so, if it is checked.
Hi, where I should check exactly? I went in "Options" but I found nothing so explicit.

Yes, I changed the firmware of the Sony with an hack. Then the reader is still recognized as PRS505, but it has the clock inline when reading (just to avoid missing my flight when reading at the airport ) , some games, and it can read cbz comix. (I'm not sure if it was unable before, being honest)

Then, I guess I need to enable the cbz format, but I don't know exactly what to edit, if this is a text file or a config option.

Uriel Fanelli
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
Uriel.Fanelli

Quote:
@Uriel.Fanelli - The directions for using the binary install can be found here.
Thanks , going to do it.

Uriel
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Hi, where I should check exactly? I went in "Options" but I found nothing so explicit.
Preferences->plugins->device interface->Sony and then click the edit button. CBZ isn't available, I just checked.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Uriel.Fanelli

Quote:
Thanks , going to do it.

Uriel
Uhm....

Checking downloaded file integrity...
tar: Record size = 16 blocks
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 226, in main
File "<string>", line 205, in download_and_extract
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 150, in makedirs
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
makedirs(head, mode)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 36] File name too long: '/home/uriel/Note\rYou need GLIBC 2.10 or higher to run versions greater than 0.6.29. If you receive an error about GLIBC you can downgrade to an older version by getting the .tar.bz2 file for your architecture (32bit or 64bit) from sourceforge. Then delete the contents of '

Something went wrong....

Uriel