Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
How do I remove "On Loan" Notifications?

Hi, Everyone.

I've been using Lendle, and one problem I'm having with my Kindle is that, even after the loans expire, I still have "On Loan" next to a bunch of titles on the first page of my home screen. Even after re-downloading from my archive, the "On Loan" entry still stays on my home screen. Does anyone know how to make it go away? The loans have long since expired, and I synced my Kindle over Wifi, but the stupid notifications wont' go away. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Sounds like a job for Kindle Support.

Edited to add: Did you try a reset?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Sounds like a job for Kindle Support.

Edited to add: Did you try a reset?
I'm restarting the Kindle now to see if that works, but I haven't tried a factory reset. That sounded a bit drastic, and I was worried about losing the documents I haven't gotten from Amazon.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
bhartman36
Wizard

Restarting the Kindle didn't seem to help.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
bhartman36
Wizard

I solved the issue.

Apparently all I had to do was delete the books with the "On Loan" designation and redownload them from my archive. It doesn't seem to be the world's most elegant solution, and I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way, but it worked.
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
I solved the issue.

Apparently all I had to do was delete the books with the "On Loan" designation and redownload them from my archive. It doesn't seem to be the world's most elegant solution, and I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way, but it worked.
That does seem to be the way it's designed to work. Agree, pretty clunky.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've never noticed it before, since the only books I've ever loaned weren't on my Kindle at the time I loaned them. I agree its clunky, but now I'll know I should just delete it from my device (if I haven't already) as soon as I loan it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote