Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Am I the ony one who reads more than one book at a time?

I hate it, but i did with paper-based books, and I continue to do it with the Reader.

This is what I'm reading:

1) Assassin's Apprentice - Hobbs - Almost finished. This is an incredible book.

2) The Witching Hour - Rice - 1/4 into it.

3) Faithless - Oates - A short-story collection. I love her work.

4) Postmortem - Conrwell - My first book I've read by her. I've only just started this, and have temporarily stopped because Hobbs has me enthralled.

5) The Nightland - Hodgson - My second time to read. I promised myself that I wanted to re-read this when I got my Reader.

6) After Dark - Wilkie Collins - I love his work. This is a book of short stories, some of them extremely unusal.

As usual, I have my non-purchased books formatted using BookDesigner - an incredible program.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I usually read a book straight through. Only exception is if it's something that doesn't really interest me I'll stop maybe 1/2 way through and switch to something else. I guess I don't understand if Assassin's Apprentice is so great why stop reading it to read something else?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Different moods and different times, for me, mean different reads.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I'm with you, Dr. Drib -- I keep several books going. I'm having a blast going through the mysteries I found at PG, currently reading some by Louis Tracy. I also am reading some books by Williamson, and usually keep a Collins book going (haven't begun one yet on this reader) and plan on reading all the Dickens I haven't gotten to yet, and I always have a Wodehouse ready to hand for the mindless days.

I also have some professional books (music) on it, so I can claim it as a tax deduction, and am looking for a Bible to put on it, so if anybody knows of one (preferably King James, but NRV or one of its offshoots is fine) I'd appreciate knowing where it is.

But I definitely have to have a read to fit the mood.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I bounce around sometimes. In addition to reading an ebook on the reader, I'll also have a paper book or two that I can take to the beach and leave unattended, plus one on my phone that I can read when I'm waiting for someone but don't have the reader with me.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I'm usually working on multiple books at the same time as well. Usually a combination of fiction, history and current non-fiction. The bookmarks view is very handy for me
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Ha ha, I can only do one at a time.......
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
Lets see...
Roger Z Amber series, Book 6, on audio book in the car
Anne Rice Vamiper series on the Sony reader
and the Well of Souls series on the new IPaq travel companion.

Mark
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I can do more than one at a time, but I rarely do it. I prefer to run through them one at a time.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
jblack
jblack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Absolutely. I will bounce around between modern fiction, classic literature, history and science, for example. However, I rarely read more than one of each type at a time.
jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:59 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Only one at time. Actually, I don't understand how people can read more than one at the same time! The idea is so alien to me
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I usually have one fiction and one non-fiction going at the same time.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Two books at a time

One business focused (Edge of chaos currently) and the other anything else (currently The Afghan)
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Often one at work for lunch reading, one on Sony Reader & one on Plam TX (for thos spare moments waiting somewhere & forgot reading material.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
I usually have one fiction and one non-fiction going at the same time.
Ditto.

Regarding fiction, occasionally I start reading a second book. But this is usually when I didn't the like the first, and in most cases I then put the first aside not much later.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote