Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Kindle 2 and Sony

My household has both a Sony Reader and a Kindle 2. Calibre seems like the neutral middle ground for both formats. What are the best practices for managing two different readers, with distinctly different book preferences. For the 20% of books we both want to read, I presume I will have two conversions to do - How do I keep them both in my Calibre library? Can Calibre-made LRFs be converted into Kindle 2 MOBIs, or do I have to go back to the source? What about other LRFs, can they be converted?

Sorry for the newbee questions, but the Kindle 2 is a new addition to my library.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Choose Browse by Tags (the picture of a tag next to the hourglass) and you will be able to choose the format you want to view on the left.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
Can Calibre-made LRFs be converted into Kindle 2 MOBIs, or do I have to go back to the source?
Calibre does not do lrf2any conversion, but there are external tools to do this (see LRFTools. Convert LRF to EPUB, HTML, PDF and RTF ). Since AZW DRM can be stripped using mobededrm, I would buy AZW (from the Kindle store) or MOBI and then use Calibre to convert these to LRF or ePub. You can also buy ePub and convert to MOBI using Calibre.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote