Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #1
printordie
printordie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 Kobo Glo
Unbricking Kindle Paperwhite 2

Hi Guys, I’m new here and completely lost!
I had read a lot of threads and no solution for a situation like mine!

My kindle bricked in a system update!
I tried everything with amazon, hold button etc.
Nothing worked... and when I plug usb on my Mac and it don’t mount!

Has any solution without soldering serial?!
What do you guys suggest me?!

Sorry about my English!
Thanks a lot!
printordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your serial port does not require soldering.
It is located on tabs under that small cover on the back.

IIRC (and I have several K2 devices), our master index includes links to teardown information on the K2.

Your most likely source of problems finding information on the K2 is because the site operators archive (very) old materials.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2020, 05:34 AM   #3
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
@knc1 He asked about kpw2 not k2

@printordie It is better to connect to a serial console. At least we know what's going on and so is the divination of coffee grounds.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote