Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Question When will a new batch of PRS-650 appear ?

Hi ! I'm new here, and discovered this site because I was looking thru the Net for some news on the Sony PRS-650 !

It seems that it's out of stock everywhere in the world..... so, when do you think a new -large- number of items will be available ?

I live in Switzerland, (where the lowest street-price is the equivalent of US $310 US), but even so, it's impossible to put my hand on one...

BTW, I looked on e-Bay and the very few items available are sold around US $400... crazy, no ?

Heeeeeeelp !

J-P.

Last edited by JPS; 01-14-2011 at 06:06 AM.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
That is crazy. The sony site does have the 350 available so you could consider that. I just got one for my daughter, who uses my old PRS600. Her new 350 should be delivered today, then I'll sell her 600 with many books on ebay.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Someone posted yesterday that Sony USA has begun showing the 650 in stock again. There may be hope that other countries will begin to get stock soon.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
I purchased a 650 from sonystyle yesterday. promised deliver next week.
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
JPS
Connoisseur

Hi Tessie6 !

I tried to go to "Sonystyle" and order a PRS-650, but when I got to the CHECKOUT, there's no way to enter an address outside of the USA...

Isn't Sony selling internationally ?

???
J-P.

Last edited by JPS; 01-16-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Hi Tessie6 !

I tried to go to "Sonystyle" and order a PRS-650, but when I got to the CHECKOUT, there's no way to enter an address outside of the USA...

Isn't Sony selling internationally ?

???
J-P.
No, they aren't, there is a SonyStyleSite for each country. You can set up an address with Borderlinx and have it sent there. Here is the link to their total-cost-calculator, it will show you the price including shipping and customs.

Good luck!
Poppaea
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Most sony 650 are sold out everywhere, even ordering online the estimated shipping date is the 25th of January.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I'd sell you mine, but shipping from Australia to Switzerland would probably be expensive
I want to get a 350 instead
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #9
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
I'd sell you mine, but shipping from Australia to Switzerland would probably be expensive
Why don't you just advertise it at the Flea Market or on eBay instead of telling in every thread you wanna get rid of it? It does not seem successfull the way you do it....
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
JPS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
I'm effectively afraid of the cost ...

But... may I ask you WHY you want to trade a 650 for a 350 ?

Just curious...

J-P.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
JPS
Connoisseur

Now, if I may, another question: I noticed that the AC Charger is noted as an "accessory" (for $29.99) !!!

Isn't it sold WITH the Reader ? ...else, how on earth are we supposed to use the d££n thing ?

Just wondering...

Cheers,
J-P.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
Now, if I may, another question: I noticed that the AC Charger is noted as an "accessory" (for $29.99) !!!

Isn't it sold WITH the Reader ? ...else, how on earth are we supposed to use the d££n thing ?

Just wondering...

Cheers,
J-P.
It can be charged using the USB cable for the computer. I bought an AC Charger off of eBay for around $8 including shipping.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
Most sony 650 are sold out everywhere, even ordering online the estimated shipping date is the 25th of January.
I ordered one from SonyStyle.com on the 13th and FedEx attempted to deliver it on the 15th. Of course I wasn't home and my son didn't hear the door so the next time they will attempt to deliver it is tomorrow the 18th.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Why don't you just advertise it at the Flea Market or on eBay instead of telling in every thread you wanna get rid of it? It does not seem successfull the way you do it....
I'm not trying to sell via various posts mate; just lamenting that i should sell and get a 350. Just haven't got around to it yet.
Thanks for the suggestion though, i never would've thought about using ebay to sell something until now.

Quote:
I'm effectively afraid of the cost ...

But... may I ask you WHY you want to trade a 650 for a 350 ?

Just curious...

J-P.
Don't get me wrong, the 650 is awesome gear. It's just that i've found that i don't need the extra storage card options, the audio option and the 650 is just large enough to be uncomfortable for my hand over long periods. I also find i bump the bottom buttons a bit when i try and get a decent, comfortable grip.

Whatever you go with, the new sony line is great. So enjoy!

Last edited by digital_steve; 01-17-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: mai speeling is graet!
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
JPS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snassek View Post
It can be charged using the USB cable for the computer. I bought an AC Charger off of eBay for around $8 including shipping.
Ha-haaaaa ! So, the reader is NOT bundled with a "normal" AC charger, but can be charged via an USB cable THRU a computer ???

So strange !?!?!

J-P.