Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 10:58 PM   #1
kg6gfq
kg6gfq began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7, considering a Boox
Recommend a keyboard? (Nova Pro)

Anyone have a keyboard recommendation for Onyx Boox devices, especially the Nova Pro?

I have tried a couple of ZaggKeys models and had severe problems with keystrokes missing or repeating (e.g. "msssingg oor epeaating") on the Nova Pro and other Android devices even though it works fine with my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad running Linux).

What bluetooth keyboards have you used that work well on your Boox?

(Or, come to think of it, has anyone checked whether you can plug a USB keyboard in with a USB-C adapter?)

Thanks!

Darin
kg6gfq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:35 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I have a "Jelly Comb" Bluetooth and USB folding keyboard and touchpad. Works with my Boox Note 2. Bought from Amazon

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
I recommend the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 Bluetooth keyboard EBK-209A. Has a slot in the top to put your eReader/Tablet in. Have used with previous Onyx devices, other tablets, and my current Note2. Works a charm, great Lenovo keys and you even have a mouse pointer to play with. No missed keystrokes or any issues. Lots of ex corporate devices knocking around on eBay for about $20 for a perfect one, I think they stopped making them some time ago but widely available.
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:31 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I use a the bluetooth keyboard that I got with a cover for a Teclast 10" Tablet. Works fine. No problems.
As it is Bluetooth, it will depend heavily on the amount of *noise* due to other gadgets and even WiFi's. Living in an apartment complex with 20+ WiFi signals and 8+ BT signals, I found that the range/connection of BT devices can be rather spotty. (Mostly with hearing aid streaming gadgets, though.)
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote