Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Stoste
Stoste has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm Tx; Sony reader prs-300
Bricked Sweex - How to do a hard reset

Hi, a friend of mine have a Sweex ebook reader but it froze and now is stuck in the in the first page (with the logo SWEEX). She already tried a soft reset (the device just retarts and stop in the same place). Anyone knows how to do a hard reset with this model?
Any other suggestions will be appreciated, because I couldn't find many information about this reader.
Stoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Warning: a lot of what I say is speculation! Don't take it for a fact! I do try to be accurate, but I'm not the one losing the device if I err.

Did you try to connect it to the PC and restart it? Perhaps you can access the memory that way and save/remove your files.
(My device sometimes hangs on a specific book - removing it helps.)

Do you know if the Sweex is also an EB600 from Netronix? I found some evidence suggesting it is - and the pictures certainly look like it.

Last resort if it is a EB600: get a firmware update from one of the other devices (CoolEr, Kobo, etc...) and try to do that.

Since it still shows a logo and restarts, it's likely the bootloader still works. But somehow the actual system might be broken.
If that is the case, a reinstall should be possible.

Doing so would probably void any warranty, though. However, it did help me, with my Elonex. But it's a risk you need to think about.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Stoste
Stoste has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm Tx; Sony reader prs-300
Thank for your reply, but the device isn't being recognized by the PC, so they can try that.
Stoste is offline   Reply With Quote