Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
wolfskies
wolfskies began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Android Tablet & Windows 11 PC
Library Management and Importing

Awhile back, I finally had access to an old computer that had my old version of Calibre. I had started over with a new version on my laptop after that because of issues with that computer system. I couldn't get the files. Several years have passed and with tons of duplicates, I decided to just merge all the directories and start over. I have been slowly sorting and deleting duplicates and re-inputting them.

However, recently, they have been importing oddly. They will either put the Author's name in the title or something else. This leaves a bunch of really odd author names. Is there an easier way to fix this issue? I have tried to pull from the book metadata and even the title and I am still getting things like:

Author: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Title: L. Frank Baum

I know you can do a flip on the metadata page, but it leaves the title of the book in the database to pull up as an author's name and it's getting bad. I really want to be able to get rid of author names that are not needed. Is this possible? Perhaps my regular expression is wrong?

Regular Expression: Not sure what's wrong with it?

(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?
wolfskies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
importing, library management, regular expression