Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Skygeezer
Skygeezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The books are gone!

I plugged my Kobo in to the computer, started Calibre, and when I clicked on Device it only showed 3 books. All the many books purchased through Kobo, and the 100 free classics that it comes with, don't display ( they are still on the Kobo ). What happened? When I first downloaded Calibre and gave it a try, it showed everything on the Kobo.

The 3 books that do display are epubs purchased from the Sony store. The rest are books purchased from Kobo. Why don't the Kobo books show up in Calibre the way they used to?

I recently updated Calibre to version 7.26. Is this part of the problem? Or is Kobo encrypting the SQlite database file? I got a notice from Kobo that a new version of their software was available and updated it. That is when our problems started.
Skygeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Did any errors occur when you use Calibre?
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Skygeezer

No errors at all. It just not show any of the books on the Kobo reader except the Sony epubs. It previously showed all the books on the eReader.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Can you see those books in any other way (as a drive, or however else the Kobo displays its books)?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Skygeezer

I can see the .pdf files since they are separate files, but Kobo lumps all their own books on the eReader into one big database file that has to be opened and interpreted. Calibre seemed able to do this when I first installed it. I strongly suspect that Kobo made a change to the database file, perhaps an encryption, and Calibre can no longer open the file.
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skygeezer View Post
I can see the .pdf files since they are separate files, but Kobo lumps all their own books on the eReader into one big database file that has to be opened and interpreted. Calibre seemed able to do this when I first installed it. I strongly suspect that Kobo made a change to the database file, perhaps an encryption, and Calibre can no longer open the file.
I suspect that you have an issue in the database. Is there anywhere you can drop the 100meg file that I could look at it?

Tim
Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
timlegge
Addict

If you are able to run sqlite queries against the database I can send you some queries.

Tim