Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
victor861
victor861 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T3
Problem with PRS-T3

Hi! Sorry for my english.

One week ago the ereader fall from the sofa (A little height) and get stucked in the wallpaper.

I tried soft reset but doesn´t work, when i connect to PC, Only recognizes it for three seconds and dissapear.

Is it possible that the screen is broken? But why didn't appears in pc?
A lot of thanks.

victor861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Paperwhite Signature
If you aren't afraid of losing the books on your device, could you try doing a hard reset? It sounds almost like your T3 is rebooting itself after you connect it to your PC.

I assume that your screen stays blank all the time? You didn't say.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Have you tried doing a Device Shutdown on it? I find that Sonys just need that full on shutdown and reboot sometimes.

Applications, Settings, Device Shutdown. Let it shut down and then turn it back on again so it reboots.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
victor861

Hi, a lot of thanks for your replies.

The only thing can i see in the reader is my wallpaper, i cannot navigate into the menus, nothing. The last day i discovered there is a yellow/orange light flashing every 10 minutes.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried the suggestions above?
Advert
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #6
victor861

Yes, i cannot do a Hard Reset if i cannot see nothing in the screen. Only wallpaper.

There is a orange light flashing every 10 min in the wifi indicator.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 PM   #7
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Paperwhite Signature
I'm pretty sure you can do a hard reset blind, even if the screen doesn't change, but from your description it sounds to me like your battery is dead.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
You may have already looked at Sony's troubleshooting tips, but here is a link in case there is anything you haven't already tried.

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answer...8,85667,90842/
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #9
victor861

Sorry for the delay, the other day i saw a white lines in the screen.

The ereader still with the same problem, and i don't know if its the battery or the screen.

EDIT: The updater software recognize the ereader.

EDIT2: Finally i can see the storage of the ereader in the computer. I think its the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	voy81g.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	155274  

Last edited by issybird; 02-24-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Oversize image with shortened URL changed to thumbnail attachment.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 AM   #10
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor861 View Post
Sorry for the delay, the other day i saw a white lines in the screen.
It's a broken substrate.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:01 AM   #11
victor861

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
It's a broken substrate.

Changing the screen will resolve the problem?

I saw screens in aliexpress for 25€. Thanks
Old 02-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #12
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

The screen is broken. If you can replace that (and I don't know if it's possible) it may actually work.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
victor861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
The screen is broken. If you can replace that (and I don't know if it's possible) it may actually work.

Thanks. Changing the screen its not difficult. Aliexpress sellers have the screen for 25€.

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/prod...0-1bce7bcfbbc9
Old 03-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #14
victor861

Hi again. The new screen come to Spain from Aliexpress in 11 days (So fast). I followed that tutorial:

https://es.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+Rea...lacement/39534

Very easy to do.

I bought this screen.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...608.0.0.wTq4cv

-New Screen

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

-Installed screen

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Thanks to all.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Glad it's working again for you!