Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Kindle Store Question

Does Amazon ever offer a set percentage off an individual ebook? I know they put some books on sale and offer others for free. However, I wish to buy a pricey ebook ($44) and wondered if they ever offer just percentage sale or a coupon for a one-time purchase.

I know Sony used to do this regularly, but they too have gone away from this method.

Thank you kindly.
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Try Googling "Amazon promo codes" or "Amazon coupon codes" or "(book title/author/publisher Amazon promo codes"

I don't know if they ever do it for books but the do have promo codes for other items. Usually their promotional codes are for very specific items rather than departments so it may be a long shot.

Just curious, what book is that?
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I've never seen them do anything like that for ebooks.

About the only "discount" I've been able to get off of Amazon prices lately was the eBillMe (I think that is what it is called) offer where you buy $100 worth of gift cards and you get $15. I've bought the $100 of gc and I've sent in my papers for the $15 but it has a long processing time.

This is it ......

http://www.ebillme.com/gift-cards/amazon/promo
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The Agency publishers control a large number of the books available on Amazon, and they don't want people discounting their books. Sometimes, individuals that publish their own work through Amazon will discount their book. Occasionally, there will be a discount for a short period, but I don't know of any way to find things like this, except for the emails they send out based on your preferences and previous purchases.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
hackettt
Enthusiast

@wvcherrybomb The book is Wisden on the Ashes

I was just pleased to see Wisden release an ebook. They have a couple of other cricket books -- a dictionary and the Laws of Cricket, but this the first of their larger books.

Now, if they start releasing their Almanack (2010 edition came in at 1728 pages and it was the 147th annual edition) I will be overjoyed.
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
hackettt
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the assistance. I was able to find the same book at Kobo for less — about $39, plus I was able to use the Save25Kobo for an extra 25% off. Got the price down to about $28-29.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Amazon usually beats any price you tell them about within a few days of telling them.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Glad you were able to get a better deal. Enjoy your new book!
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote