Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Satorisucka
Satorisucka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
"source code not available" in Calibre 0.7.39

Every time I try to start up Calibre it crashes before opening and I get a message saying "Python function terminated unexpectedly source code not available (Error Code: 1)." I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, didn't work, uninstalled it again, rebooted, downloaded installer from a different mirror, installed, and still didn't work. I disabled my anti-virus and tried to run, but to no avail. I ran the debug in the command line prompt and got this:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
source code not available (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\debug.py", line 182, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.py", line 9, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\opf2.py", line 20, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 20, in <module
>
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\formatter.py", line 14, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\formatter_functions.py", line 427, in <modul
e>
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\formatter_functions.py", line 86, in __init_
_
File "inspect.py", line 688, in getsourcelines
File "inspect.py", line 529, in findsource
IOError: source code not available

I recently reformatted and have a clean install of XP SP3, so maybe that is the culprit? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Satorisucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There are at least three other threads on this forum on this issue - you really should read the forums before you post?

As you would have found in the other threads, just use an older version of Calibre such as 0.7.38 until the issue is fixed, which will no doubt be sometime today as Kovid doesn't let problems like this hang around for long.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
only 3?
I count 5 Sheesh!
This is the wost case of 'I did not read other posts" I have seen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
only 3?
I count 5 Sheesh!
This is the wost case of 'I did not read other posts" I have seen.
I counted five too - but I retyped it as three to give them the benefit of not interpreting different titles as different errors
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should see the number of tickets that were opened

Anyway, bug is now fixed in 0.7.40
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert