Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
merging different formats of the same book

This question is probably dumb but i haven't found a way to do it.
Is it possible to merge 2 or more formats of the same book if all of them are in the same Calibre library but in separate folders without exporting them to 1 folder & importing them again ?
Any help would be much appreciated.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
This question is probably dumb but i haven't found a way to do it.
Is it possible to merge 2 or more formats of the same book if all of them are in the same Calibre library but in separate folders without exporting them to 1 folder & importing them again ?
Any help would be much appreciated.
select the Destination (line) in the Library.
hold the control key down and select the other book(s) to combine.
Release the control key
Tap 'M'(erge)

Last edited by theducks; 02-08-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: missed a important step
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just be aware that you can't actually have two of the same formats of a book in one book record (folder). If you follow the instructions theDucks gave you, one of those formats will be deleted. That may be what you wanted, but best to be sure before you do it
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Just be aware that you can't actually have two of the same formats of a book in one book record (folder). If you follow the instructions theDucks gave you, one of those formats will be deleted. That may be what you wanted, but best to be sure before you do it
I just assumed that they were different formats
You are most correct.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I had a brain fart and somehow missed the OP saying "different" formats in the title, sorry . Somehow to my mind it came out as reading they wanted two identical formats kept... long day at work methinks...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm still being dumb:
I've chosen the destination (the line turned blue), held down ctrl & chose the other book (now 2 lines are blue) & pressed 'M'.
Nothing happened.
What did i do wrong?

Sorry, i was still holding ctrl when i pressed M. I mentioned being dumb...
Thanks a lot for the solution.

Last edited by kamanza; 02-08-2012 at 06:52 AM.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
I'm still being dumb:
I've chosen the destination (the line turned blue), held down ctrl & chose the other book (now 2 lines are blue) & pressed 'M'.
Nothing happened.
What did i do wrong?

Sorry, i was still holding ctrl when i pressed M. I mentioned being dumb...
Thanks a lot for the solution.
We all know about assume.
You did follow my instructions
exactly

My bad, not yours.