Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-07-2022, 11:52 PM   #1
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: e61i
Prefered Dictionary

Usually we need to switch between UK and US dictionary. Can we have shortcut of Preferred Dictionary on the toolbar. We can pull " Preference" , but a shortcut to dictionary would make it a step faster.

Just asking.
hiteshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:51 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If I need to change to one of the other English dictionaries, I update the language in the OPF to use the correct dictionary. That will stick if I have to reopen the book later.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 06:45 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What you should really do is put the correct language in either the html or opf files. The the correct dictionary will be used automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:01 AM   #4
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
If we want to read, say, in Spanish but want the dictionary to be Spanish-English, how would that work? Sometimes when reading Spanish you might want a regular Spanish dictionary. Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont follow what do you mean by read in spanish? We are talking about the calibre editor here. And the editor chooses a dictionary based on the language set in the books metadata and html files, nt what language the calibre interface is in.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #6
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
My mistake! I was thinking of the reader (not the code editor) and using a dictionary while reading. I am still having trouble setting up dictionaries in the reader. Sometimes I am reading English and need an English dictionary. Sometimes i am reading a foreign language, say, German and need a ger-eng dictionary. Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 01:49 AM   #7
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What you should really do is put the correct language in either the html or opf files. The the correct dictionary will be used automatically.
Thank you. Will try this.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:51 AM   #8
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If I need to change to one of the other English dictionaries, I update the language in the OPF to use the correct dictionary. That will stick if I have to reopen the book later.
Wonder if updating it in OPF will work while Editor. I was referring to spellchecks that happens while editing a book, that makes me change the preferred dictionary.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:54 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiteshp View Post
Wonder if updating it in OPF will work while Editor. I was referring to spellchecks that happens while editing a book, that makes me change the preferred dictionary.
So was I. If I see a lot of spelling errors that are UK/US differences, or eve AU differences, or I know which English it is, I change the language in the OPF. When you redo the spelling check, it uses the appropriate dictionary.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:09 AM   #10
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So was I. If I see a lot of spelling errors that are UK/US differences, or eve AU differences, or I know which English it is, I change the language in the OPF. When you redo the spelling check, it uses the appropriate dictionary.
Aaah...Thank you. Will try this out too