Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oasis Stopped Syncing

My 10th Gen Oasis has stopped syncing. I can no longer automatically receive books that I have purchased, even if I go to Amazon and choose to "Deliver" to my default device (Oasis). I can manually download from the device if I search for the title. Also, progress is not synced between the Oasis and my iPad. By the way, the iPad is able to automatically receive pushes from Amazon. Additionally, I do not get docs (mobi) that I send to the device from the Send to Kindle app, although, they are added to my Docs library on Amazon. I have tried a manual sync from the settings menu but nothing gets downloaded or synced.

I have double checked the device options. The device's email address is the same on the device as it is on Amazon. Amazon has the proper serial number listed. Obviously, it isn't a network problem as I still get ads and I can manually search and download from the device. I have tried a restart of the Oasis but that didn't help. Whispersync is enabled on Amazon. Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by HogDrvr; 02-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Okay, I bit the bullet and did a hard reset and now everything is working. Now I'm off to reload everything again (grrr).
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #3
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I had the same problem a few months ago and was only able to resolve it with a hard reset.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Conversely, when this happened to me I fixed it by turning on wifi on all my older Kindles (including the ones that hadn't been online in years) and letting them all sync. That unblocked the pipeline for the Oasis and everything worked again.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote