Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
edwardno
edwardno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo on Galaxy S4 unable to import

Hey I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Im wondering why I am unable to import epub files that are saved in my downloads folder.

I have set up a folder on my server where I put a bunch of epubs that way I can download them onto my devices without having to be tethered to a computer. When I do it on my Kobo Arc it saves the file to the device, then I go into the Kobo app and there is an import button. For some reason this option doesnt exist in the Galaxy S4 version of the Kobo app. Is this something they have purposely disabled?
edwardno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As far as I know they do not vary the Android App based on the specific device--with the exception of the Kobo tablets, which have a custom app. You do have to have the books actually on the device though for the import to work. And it is drm free epubs only. I have no problem importing books using the Samsung Note 2 or the Nexus 7. Many people use dropbox or various other cloud services for their books. You click on the file and it downloads to the device. Once on the device, the Kobo app can import them.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
edwardno
edwardno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have figured out how to import into the Kobo app on the Galaxy S4. It was in a different menu that I figured out how to access after posting this.

I still have the problem of the Galaxy S4 replacing the extension on any epub files I try to save as .txt

Is there a way to stop the Galaxy S4 from renaming file extensions that it doesnt recognize?
edwardno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Can you please tell me how to get the books from my pc to my kobo app on my galaxy s4???
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
@TurtleTots:

The following steps worked for me on my iPhone Kobo app. I assume that they will also apply to the Galaxy S4, which I think is the Android version.
  1. Go to the Home page in your Galaxy/Android Kobo app
  2. Tap the Flag icon in the Title Bar. This brings up a list entitled Kobo News
  3. Scroll to the last item in the list. It is entitled: Did you know? How to Sideload Books to your Kobo App.
The procedure is set out in a series of steps, for each of the different apps you can use to do this.

Good luck.

Last edited by BeeTee-Ess; 06-14-2014 at 10:48 PM.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert