Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-14-2023, 11:37 PM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
TXTZ to Epub: Embed font?

I have been using TXTZ as the conversion source for a long time (easy to edit as markdown format, css can be inserted by calibre, images are already supported), but it doesn't support font.

If this format is still under maintenance, I would like to request for font support.

(place fonts in a font subfolder, refer to them in the css)
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 12:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure whaat you are asking for. There is no way to specify font families/faces in textual markup languages that I know of. You can use general calibre conversion CSS options to specify font CSS.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 12:48 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not sure whaat you are asking for. There is no way to specify font families/faces in textual markup languages that I know of. You can use general calibre conversion CSS options to specify font CSS.
I am referring exactly to CSS options in Calibre.

Let's say I put "font-family: Abc;" and @font-face { font-family: Abc; src: url(fonts/abc.ttf) } in the Extra CSS, Calibre will keep the css but the font files are not transferred to the converted epub files (i created a subfolder and put the font files there).

I think if TXTZ could contain font files and Calibre can see the font files, the fonts maybe embedded. IIRC, TXTZ format only supports now external images stored in the images subfolder.

Last edited by nqk; 06-15-2023 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure Abc is installed in your system and use the conversion option to embed all referenced fonts. Use only font-family: not @font-face in your extra css
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:15 PM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Make sure Abc is installed in your system and use the conversion option to embed all referenced fonts. Use only font-family: not @font-face in your extra css

Thank you for the tip.

Advert