Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
Nielsd
Nielsd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura II
Invert color black background white fonts

Hi, I have just bought a Kobo Aura II after loving to read books on my iPad. To my surprise the night mode (black background, white font) seems a serious issue. First of all I don't understand the OEM's Kindle and Kobo for being so hesitant to offer this for all readers. Let us users determine how to read at night. Secondly, you need hacks to get it but the ones that are out there do not seem to be suitable for the Aura II and they 'pollute' the software with all kinds of games and performance consequences that I do not want. Does anyone have a clean software update for the aura II whereby a user only has to press a checkbox button in the brightness screen to activate night mode? Or can Kobo consider providing a release with this feature? I am sure it will evoke a lot of usage from the moment of release! Thanks.

Last edited by Nielsd; 01-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Nielsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
You might look into this method in this post. I put it on my Glo HD and it works well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
Nielsd
Nielsd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura II
Thumbs up Big thanks!

Wow, finally, after days of searching and suboptimal solutions now something working brilliantly! Thanks very much Ripplinger. Cool stuff. I now get to appreciate my KOBO my more. Take care.
Nielsd is offline   Reply With Quote