Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
mallikav
mallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Unhappy kobo touch not working

A few weeks ago, to my complete horror, my Kobo touch fell into water and stopped responding. It's display became all dark and it looked like the ink was leaking on to the screen. I thought it was gone for good, but three days ago I tried to charge it and lo and behold, it just switched on like it wasnt dead for the past 3 weeks! The display is back to its perfect self but the touch is completely gone. The power and home buttons work but the screen just refuses to respond. I tried to factory reset it but the screen is now stuck on the welcome to kobo screen with the 'skip setup' button on the top right corner. only, i cant 'skip setup' because its not responding! what to I do???
mallikav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallikav View Post
A few weeks ago, to my complete horror, my Kobo touch fell into water and stopped responding. It's display became all dark and it looked like the ink was leaking on to the screen. I thought it was gone for good, but three days ago I tried to charge it and lo and behold, it just switched on like it wasnt dead for the past 3 weeks! The display is back to its perfect self but the touch is completely gone. The power and home buttons work but the screen just refuses to respond. I tried to factory reset it but the screen is now stuck on the welcome to kobo screen with the 'skip setup' button on the top right corner. only, i cant 'skip setup' because its not responding! what to I do???
POWER YOUR DEVICE COMPLETELY DOWN. pLACE IT IN A BUCKET OF UNUSED INSTANT RICE AND ALLOW IT TO TRY DRY OUT COMPLETELY FOR 30 DAYS. AFTER 30 DAYS POWER IT UP AND SEE IF IT WORKS

REGARDS

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
You might also try cleaning around the inside edge of the bezel where the IR is projected across the screen or disassembling it and cleaning the IR transmissive and reflective plastic that guides the IR... You might get lucky and find water scattering the IR or gunk on the IR plastic. Or you may be SOL.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
What Jack said has worked for me on an mp3 player which went through the laundry, a keyboard that got soaked, and a stick blender that fell in the sink and the power went on after it fell in. Might not work but worth a try.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote