Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Zaz
Zaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Question Kobo using the wrong author

Hello,

I'm sorry, I create a second topic but I think isn't related to Calibre but more with Kobo.

I have a problem with a book from Danielle Steel. In my Kobo the author is the translator, not the writer. I tried to edit the metadata from Calibre but nothing was wrong. Danielle Steel is the author on author related fields.

I opened the book in ebook Edit (first time for me) and during my meticulous research, I came across the content.opf file, in which I found some interesting lines :
Code:
    <dc:creator id="creator02">Zoe Powers</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator id="id">Danielle Steel</dc:creator>
First line is the translator displayed in my Kobo as author. Is this the expected behavior? Second question, can I delete this line and save the content.opf file to have the correct author on my Kobo?

Thank you
Zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:59 AM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
You can try to fix it manually if You want, but I don't know if it works. I am not so expert, it depends on the Kobo data base.
If you use calibre to get the book into your Kobo the simplest way to fix it is the Kobo Utilities plugin created by the late Davidfor. Add the plugin to Your calibre from calibre settings, its usage is intuitive.

It often happens that translators are included among the authors when You buy a ebook. I correct it every time.

This is the first page of the plugin thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...wiki+kobotouch
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #3
Zaz
Zaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Amazing, it works like a charm with the plugin, thank you ps67 !
Zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:41 AM   #4
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Creators should have an opf:role attribute to indicate their, well, role. The OPF standard suggests the creators should be ordered for display, but IMO you would be better off specifying each creator's role explicitly.

eg set opf:role="aut" (for an author) or opf:role="trl" (translator)

There are lots of other possible values for role.. See https://idpf.org/epub/20/spec/OPF_2....l#Section2.2.2 and https://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/relacode.html for the full list of values.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote