Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
kalypso_lee
kalypso_lee began at the beginning.

Device: Aura
New to Site...Not to Kobo

Hey all

I have had Kobo's for what seems like forever, but recently 2 of mine died. I am Trying to decide whether to repurchase the Glo (certified refurbished) or upgrade to an Aura...
From what I could see there isn't much difference, for the $50 more is the Aura worth it??
kalypso_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That's all a personal choice. For myself, I prefer the Glo over the Aura. I prefer the matte bezel instead of the completely flat top layer of the Aura that's like a tablet. And more important I much prefer the infrared touch system of the Glo over the capacitive touch of the Aura. I've also read a few posts where they said the fonts were not quite as sharp on the Aura as on the Glo.

Best would be if you could take a look at both at a local store. I'm sure you'll be happy with either choice though.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Do yourself a favour and get an H2O.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
I upgraded my touch for a normal aura. Love it
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a Son Reader PRS-T1 and the screen of the T1 is better then the Glo. The H2O is better then the T1. So my recommendation is to go with the H2O. It's a very nice screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
I upgraded my touch for a normal aura. Love it
Same.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote