Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
JetBook Lite V.015 Bug with Paging during reopens

It happened twice yesterday. Once on Fictionwise DRM .pdb I just bought and on an old eReader DRM .pdb. I open the book fine (didn't have to rekey info) I waited until software loaded all the pages and then I changed the font size (from the 1st page) to 24 size. Everything fine. I read the book for several chapters, bookmarked the page and closed the book. I backed out to the main menu and turned the unit OFF.

When I came back later I went to book list, hit the menu key and selected recent read. I selected one of my books I had opened and book marked. The book opened and showed message loading pages.... it never stop loading pages it sat and turned its little green lite off/on for 15 minutes or more!!! The top showed ex. 167/24 at the page count. Jbl stopped loading pages after 24.

I held down the little arrow key and brought up the main menu. I could not get the book to reopen from the book list. Even a hard reset didn't open the book. I cleared the read list. Nada.. I finally had to go to system setups and reset the device to defaults. After rekeying in my Name/CC# I could again re-open the book at the beginning. Now I have to look for my place..sort of like loosing your bookmark. Bummer. I think the page load routine is still bad. But I am not losing words any more just the entire book!

Karen
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote