Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
QUE going to be available to 'touch'.

Is anyone actually planning on going to the Consumer Electronics Show? QUE announced that they are going to be there with actual demo models and I would be interested in what people have to say about them and others. Que sent out this:

Quote:

We know you’ve been waiting with anticipation for more information about QUE, the world’s first proReader. Your wait is nearly over. Mark your calendars for Thursday, January 7, 2010.
On Thursday, we’re unveiling QUE at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. We’re anchoring the e-Book TechZone at booth 11840 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. If you’re at CES, please stop by and experience a QUE proReader for yourself.
More than an eReader, QUE means business.
At CES, you will:
  • Get a demo of the ground-breaking new QUE proReader.
  • See our sleek new product design and innovative user interface.
  • Learn how its new and unique business-oriented features make you more efficient.
  • Browse the QUE store and see the wide variety of available content.
UnQuote
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I'll be there. Its one of the main reasons I'm going. I wont get in to teh show until Saturday tho so there will be some hands on before that Im sure
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
QUE means business? Proreader?
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Prologic is on my list of booth to visit.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I'll be there. Its one of the main reasons I'm going. I wont get in to teh show until Saturday tho so there will be some hands on before that Im sure

I am not jealous at all
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Of course you are not jealous. They will have to report to us in detail.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Of course you are not jealous. They will have to report to us in detail.
That's a good way of looking at it! I guess your glass is always half-full

Besides, why would anyone want to be in Las Vegas compared to chilling in down-town Riyadh ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Exactly, far away from temptation, saving all that money to buy books on the web. What more can you ask for? Now if they were giving away free Ques I might reconsider...

Last edited by HansTWN; 12-16-2009 at 02:40 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvaG View Post
QUE means business? Proreader?
= expensive
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm definitely expecting the Que to be in the same price range as the iRex DR1000S - Plastic Logic have a whole lot of R&D costs that have to be recouped. I'll be amazed if it sells in the $399 price bracket that some have suggested. I think that closer to $1000 is more likely.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm definitely expecting the Que to be in the same price range as the iRex DR1000S - Plastic Logic have a whole lot of R&D costs that have to be recouped. I'll be amazed if it sells in the $399 price bracket that some have suggested. I think that closer to $1000 is more likely.
At $1000, I don't expect it to sell well at all.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
I think is more into the Kindle DX range to $550, because if is more i dont think people will buy it
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I still believe it will be under the price of the DX. While they have alot of R&D plus that fancy factory to "pay" for what they really need is to start paying back investors. Volume of sales will do that really well. Plus they claim its cheaper to manufacture their screens than "regular" e-ink panels.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
And if that ends up as true....maybe six businesses will buy one device each. No way a business will spend more on a reader device than a computer for their staff. Think it through and you might get it...of course it might be the idea that PL is not ready to sell these in large volume but then again is it not Hearst and a couple others who are all hot and bothered by these reader devices? I doubt they are willing to sit on the sidelines much longer, if at all, fall further behind the competition with each clock cycle.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
ostler99
ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 700, iRex 1000s
Let's face it, $1000 (tax deductible) is nothing for a business.
The point of iRex and (perhaps) Que is that they are very large screens suitable for PDF which is becoming the de facto format to replace paper documents.
ostler99 is offline   Reply With Quote