Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Nook, where are you?

I ordered my daughter a Nook for Xmas. It was to be her 'big' gift. Order status says that it is to ship on Dec 11 - plenty of time before the big day. Today I get an email saying they upgraded my shipping to overnite that I should receive it on Dec 22. I called B&N customer service today to find out the exact date of shipping. They have no idea, "but I should receive it by the 22nd". What?! No idea?! This is my daughter's gift! I think I will order myself an Astak and sub it as her gift if not received in time. If she does receive it on time, than lucky me I have a reader! B&N, I am disappointed!
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do you live near a B&N? The one I visited earlier this week said they expected to have units in store around the 15th.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
daizyduke
Enthusiast

Yeah....mine B&N keeps telling to order it.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Just pay $600 on eBay.

Oh....wait...I already sold mine...

(for the low, low, price of $479 to be exact)...
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:11 AM   #5
daizyduke
Enthusiast

B&N finally changed my order status on the shipping date. It's supposed to ship on December 21. How in the world am I supposed to get it before Christmas? I am so pissed about this. The shipping says "expedited". What the hell does that mean? I am really starting to regret my purchase.
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Alpha_Cluster
Enthusiast
Alpha_Cluster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Libre2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post
B&N finally changed my order status on the shipping date. It's supposed to ship on December 21. How in the world am I supposed to get it before Christmas? I am so pissed about this. The shipping says "expedited". What the hell does that mean? I am really starting to regret my purchase.
I had the exact same thing happen with my shipping date. I have to leave town on the 23rd and I have little faith in B&N's "expidited" listing since if you read the nook blog post about the delays many people seem to be having shipping issues (shipping late or as 3 day ground!). I solved my problem by canceling it and buying a kindle.
Alpha_Cluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
gulo
Enthusiast
gulo is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Just pay $600 on eBay.

Oh....wait...I already sold mine...

(for the low, low, price of $479 to be exact)...
lucky, mine sold for $469 :-)
gulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulo View Post
lucky, mine sold for $469 :-)
Based on me trying the nook at my local B&N, thank GOD I sold it.

My K2 is so much better.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
gulo
Enthusiast
gulo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Based on me trying the nook at my local B&N, thank GOD I sold it.

My K2 is so much better.
I tried Nook at the store today and it seemed fine to me, I already have an order placed with Feb 1st delivery date, whatever issues there are right now will hopefully be fixed by then. If not I will just wait I guess, I don't feel like buying Kindle 2 now since 2010 will definitely bring a bunch of other options should the Nook not live up to my expectations
gulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 AM   #10
John Shields
John Shields began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulo View Post
I tried Nook at the store today and it seemed fine to me, I already have an order placed with Feb 1st delivery date, whatever issues there are right now will hopefully be fixed by then. If not I will just wait I guess, I don't feel like buying Kindle 2 now since 2010 will definitely bring a bunch of other options should the Nook not live up to my expectations
I tried one out in the store too and loved it. My wife wanted an E-reader so I went researching and decided on the Nook for all of its features (and the much larger variety of book options... she burns through books like a champ).

Anyhow, I ordered it a couple days ago and the order said, "You will not be billed until the item is ready to ship". I got my first e-mail saying they got the order and a second that said it's ready to ship. I was billed to my card for the total amount... but when I check the order status it says "Shipping February 1st".

Not sure what that means so I'm going to have to call support in the morning. I'm wondering (hoping) that it's going to ship tomorrow and the order just isn't updating because of the weekend. Either way, she's excited (I had to break the surprise). She said she wanted this one over the other ones I showed her weeks ago anyway.

I'm planning on doing a fairly extensive review of the Nook when I get in here. This will be the first e-reader in our home!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
daizyduke
Enthusiast

Once again I've been screwed by Barnes and Nobel. First they changed my shipping date from Dec 11 to Dec 22. I just happened to check my order status tonite to see if there were any changes. They changed my shipping date again to January 20th. What the hell? I am so f**king pissed off. This is a gift for my daughter for Christmas. Great way to lose customers. I think I will order elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Once again I've been screwed by Barnes and Nobel. First they changed my shipping date from Dec 11 to Dec 22. I just happened to check my order status tonite to see if there were any changes. They changed my shipping date again to January 20th. What the hell? I am so f**king pissed off. This is a gift for my daughter for Christmas. Great way to lose customers. I think I will order elsewhere.
It looks like Amazon is currently offering free two day shipping on Kindle 2s.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
It looks like Amazon is currently offering free two day shipping on Kindle 2s.
I'd wait tho and get the superior device.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I'd wait tho and get the superior device.
Superior in your opinion.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
Quote:
Yes

Kindle 2 or Astak EzReader. Both work and work good. I like (I am partial) the Astak because of all the file types it can read and it is an open ebook in that you do not have to buy ebooks from any specific vendor or at a minimum it does not give you that locked in feeling even if you are not.
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote