Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #1
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
What's the use of Welcome Wizard?

I wonder why I should tell Calibre which device I am using in the Welcome Wizard. What exactly is Calibre doing with this information and why is it required?

What happens when I use multiple devices? Do I have to run the Welcome Wizard each time when I connect another device?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suggest you read the manual ==>> calibre User Manual. And/or watch the videos ==>> Video Tutorials

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Yes, I know the manual. But it does not answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suggest you read the manual ==>> calibre User Manual. And/or watch the videos ==>> Video Tutorials

BR
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's mostly about conversion. Different devices work better with ebooks formatted in different ways. For instance, embedded images will be resized so they fit better on the screen. The Welcome Wizard will optimize your conversions to the device you've selected.

If you don't want any resizing of images and just want a generic conversion with no optimizations, select the "Tablet" option.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote