Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Second "Colours" Shipment Now In

Dear All:

The second shipment of Pocket PROs has arrived in our warehouse and both the North American and International shipping sites are now showing all six colors are "in stock". I want to again remind everyone that this second shipment did not need the "overspray" which led to the wrinkling on some of the four colours the first time. The finish on the Blue, Maroon, Metallic Purple, and Pink is absolutely the exact same as on the white and the black and will last as long too.

The price is still $199 for the time being.

North America ordering: www.theEZreader.com
International: www.astak.com (uses PayPal)
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good to know. Thanks Robert.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Oh cool, after playing with mine I think the wife is keen, especially with the look of the blue that is being offered.

Robert, I read that back in May in a review of the BeBook 2 the option of a wireless card for approx $30 will be offered for the BeBook mini as an addition. As they are identical to the PP, is there any suggestion that the same card will be offered for the PP at some point?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Oh cool, after playing with mine I think the wife is keen, especially with the look of the blue that is being offered.

Robert, I read that back in May in a review of the BeBook 2 the option of a wireless card for approx $30 will be offered for the BeBook mini as an addition. As they are identical to the PP, is there any suggestion that the same card will be offered for the PP at some point?
interesting...
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Perhaps that is what the slot in the battery compartment is for. Time to see if there's any connectors in there. That's great news about the new shipment too. I'm sure it's been quite a headache with the first shipment.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
Perhaps that is what the slot in the battery compartment is for. Time to see if there's any connectors in there. That's great news about the new shipment too. I'm sure it's been quite a headache with the first shipment.
I believe the slot in the battery compartment is a SIM card slot and is used to enforce DRM on Wolf formatted files. (this is primarily for Chinese versions)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe the slot in the battery compartment is a SIM card slot and is used to enforce DRM on Wolf formatted files. (this is primarily for Chinese versions)

Dale
I did not see a connector in that slot, only PC board traces.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

The second shipment of Pocket PROs has arrived in our warehouse and both the North American and International shipping sites are now showing all six colors are "in stock". I want to again remind everyone that this second shipment did not need the "overspray" which led to the wrinkling on some of the four colours the first time. The finish on the Blue, Maroon, Metallic Purple, and Pink is absolutely the exact same as on the white and the black and will last as long too.

The price is still $199 for the time being.

cool...soon you can put them at the $239 or was it $229 price to be more competitive with the Kindle at $259...or the Sony 300 at $199...I hear their USB ports are indeed working well at the USB 2.0 spec...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Dear All:

The second shipment of Pocket PROs has arrived in our warehouse and both the North American and International shipping sites are now showing all six colors are "in stock".

How soon before they ship out replacement Pocket Pros?

I am waiting for a black replacement and have not heard anything yet....
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I did not see a connector in that slot, only PC board traces.
Yes, except for the Chinese version, not sold by Astak.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
You could do an ad campaign featuring Ice-T.

I can see it now:

Colors, colors, colors, colors.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
Triker
Triker began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
Quote:
Dear All:

Unfortunately my *white* pocket pro (ordered on the 28th Sep) has started losing it's paint, after about the third novel. So hearing that the finish on the colored versions will last the same as the white/black isn't that reassuring. I'm also not sure I'll get anything better if I exchange it (a hassle from New Zealand), since Astak were fully aware of the paint problem when they sent me this one.
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote