Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
mszklano
mszklano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
One more PRS-505 user

Hi,

My name is Michal. I'm Polish, living in Switzerland, Basel.
I bought PRS-505 recently, hoping to use the device to read
various technical and non-technical books.

I see here a very energetic community, so greetings for you all.

Michal.
mszklano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Greetings, Michal. You have a superb wee machine there. Hope you'll come to love it as much as I do mine. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Michal and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 since Jan 08 and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome Michal. I hope you love your 505 as much as I love mine. Are you using the Sony software or calibre?
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome, Michal! The 505 is a nice little device
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
mszklano

For the time being I'm using off-the-shelf Sony firmware (version 1.4 - German). I posted a new thread in the PRS-505 forum, asking for differences between different versions of the firmware for PRS-505.

What means 'calibre'? Is it customized version of PRS-505 firmware?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Calibre is library-management software, which a lot of people here use instead of, for example, the Sony library software for your PC/Mac
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
mszklano

Sorry for a dumb question. I just figured it out on my own. Yes, for the time being I use Sony eBook Library 3.0 on Mac (although it sucks badly). I also use Adobe Digital Editions for ebook reading on my Mac.

I somehow managed to connect my PRS-505 to Digital Editions once, just to authorize the device, but since then they are not working together.

I also tried to use file manager (Finder) to copy books to the device, but I realized that PRS-505 has sometimes problem to update book index after disconnecting. Is it a common problem?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
With Sony v3 Library, it seems to now include the ADE functionality, so you don't need to use ADE itself with the Reader, just the Sony Library software.

Normally OK to use Finder as long as you disconnect properly, but I tend to either use Calibre or the Sony Library and use them to unmount the device.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote