Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Prs-505 Brand New $202.50 at Sony Outlet

This is a duplicate post from the Deals forum.

I stopped by the Sony Outlet Store in San Diego today. They had the Silver 505 in stock, Brand new, for 269.99. But they are having a sale at 25% off now through October 1. They had 13 Silver in stock and are getting 4 Red next week!!!!
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
cool i might have to check it out at Woodbury in ny state.
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Armaced
Enthusiast
Armaced began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-505
Sounds like a good deal. I will have to check the Tracy outlet and maybe pick one up for the Mrs. Thanks for the heads up.
Armaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
ranma
ranma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, I got my 505 this Saturday in gilory sony outlet.

They only have silver one, and their refurbished one sell only $10 cheaper than brand new one, I think that's no brainer.
ranma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
that's a good deal, since the 505 comes with cover for it and has expansion slots and mp3 player, this makes the 300 and 505 the same price.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

At this price I can't see anyone opting for the 300 over the 505, unless, of course, they really want and need the smaller screen.

Keep in mind that these are not refurbs, they are brand new in the unopened box.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I really want the 505 but I can't find it anywhere. I tried the sony outlet near me in NY state today and sadly they had none. Are there any other retail stores out there you guys can think of that would have it?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj1n View Post
I really want the 505 but I can't find it anywhere.
J, If you're interested, eBay has had a steady supply of the 505.

. . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
juj1n
Connoisseur

yea I realize that. I've searched amazon and ebay but the cheapest ones I could find were 250 in Silver. Do you think that's a good deal?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

Costco had the 505 with charger for 200 for a while. They are no longer listed on the web site but if you check the security area for electronic pick up in the stores they might have a few left. I found one that way.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
juj1n
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Costco had the 505 with charger for 200 for a while. They are no longer listed on the web site but if you check the security area for electronic pick up in the stores they might have a few left. I found one that way.
Cool!
I will check Costco and Target tomorrow and report back. Hope they have it!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I really want the 505 but I can't find it anywhere. I tried the sony outlet near me in NY state today and sadly they had none. Are there any other retail stores out there you guys can think of that would have it?
I've seen them at both Target and Wal-Mart recently. Target had it on clearance for $230 (varies by store apparently) and Wal-Mart was selling them for $229.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm. I saw a few (2-3) on the shelf at a local Target but the price was still $279 which is what I paid for mine a few weeks ago before the 300/600 was out.

I'd buy another one at $200 for sure.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
juj1n
Connoisseur

just got back from target and they had it for 238 in silver. Kinda bummed cuz I wanted it in red. I'm gonna head to costco in a bit to check there, maybe it'll be cheaper.
Do retail stores only sell silveR?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
just got back from target and they had it for 238 in silver. Kinda bummed cuz I wanted it in red. I'm gonna head to costco in a bit to check there, maybe it'll be cheaper.
Do retail stores only sell silveR?
I've never actually seen the 505's in any of the CostCos I've been in (Sacramento area). And I shop there quite a bit.

I think I've seen red 505's at Fry's Electronics, but that's been awhile ago. Last weekend when I was in Fry's they had the 505's on sale for $229--but they only had silver.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote