Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
NIN Release iTouch app

With recent discussions over sharing, piracy and making money from creative endeavours, I thought it would be interesting to point some people toward this article on Nine Inch Nails latest experiment.

In the past NIN have released albums free, encouraged sharing on Bittorrent and ditched the record label that used to control them. They have encouraged remixing of their tracks, allowing downloads of better-than-CD quality files to further this endeavour. They continue to innovate and find new ways to engage an audience. New ways that authors and other creators might take on board themselves.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009...reznor-wa.html
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
It looks kind of cool and makes good use of the GPS features of the iphone/ipod.

I can't wait to see what other GPS based apps come out in the future, I'd like to see things like traffic alerts based upon clusters of gps devices. Eventually all cars will be hooked up via a gps system I guess as well.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
very interesting article ; it's great to see there are artists who are innovating and taking their creativity to whole new levels, and making such a valuable symbiosis with their fans. thanks for the link !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote