Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Conningcris
Conningcris began at the beginning.

Device: None
Windows 7?

I recently got the windows 7 beta and my computer can't seem to detect my ereader...anyone else experiencing problems?
Conningcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conningcris View Post
I recently got the windows 7 beta and my computer can't seem to detect my ereader...anyone else experiencing problems?
My Wife is running the Windows 7 beta on her desktop. We installed eBook Library 2.5 and had to do the computability wizard which also allowed us to report the problem to Microsoft. After using that wizard, eBook Library ran fine and saw my 505 without a hitch. This is using the 32-bit edition.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
W7 32-bit with Sony eBook software is working OK for me. I set the properties on it for "Vista Compatibility" via a right click on the program icon.

Did you install the Sony eBook software? I think you have to for a 500 in order to load the drivers. A 505 should show up as a mass storage device without it, though.

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited by BobVA; 01-18-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: corrected "eReader" to "eBook" - Sony software supporting their Readers
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
W7 32-bit with ereader is working OK for me. I set the properties on it for "Vista Compatibility" via a right click on the program icon.

Did you install eReader? I think you have to for a 500 in order to load the drivers. A 505 should show up as a mass storage device without eReader, though.

Cheers,
Bob
Did you mean the Sony Ebook Library software?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Did you mean the Sony Ebook Library software?
Yep - thanks!
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please don't misuse the term eReader as it causes some confusion especially given that Fictionwise recommends eReader format eBooks. Some people end up purchasing eReader eBooks for a Sony Reader thinking that iot's the correct format when it's not.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote