Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Multiple Overdrive Libraries on Aura One

I've got two library accounts on Overdrive and would like to be able to borrow books from either on my Aura One. I checked here and found two helpful threads including this one:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290669

However, although I followed all the ideas therein, I still see only one of my two libraries when I check my Overdrive settings. Here's a bit more:

I can go to my Overdrive account Web page from my PC and see the two libraries, both active. I've also set up the Libby app on my smartphone, and it shows both my libraries and sees books borrowed from both.

So... Is there some way that I can simply see both accounts on the Aura One, switching between them as needed? Or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Unfortunately you can only pick one library on the Aura One to show for borrowing. Hopefully in the future they will allow you to see all of your libraries linked to Overdrive and make it easier. It's frustrating. Some people log out of one library and then log into the other on the KA1. I think that is too time-consuming for a work-around. I just keep my KA1 set to the library that I use the most.

I find the quickest way to borrow books is to do it from my PC or smartphone/tablet. At least they allow multiple libraries to sync with the KA1. You couldn't do that when they first started selling the KA1.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks for this. I gather, then, that since I have successfully set up Libby with my two library accounts, I can still synch these with the KA1, even if I can only search one library from within the device itself. If that is the case, it's workable enough, though I hope the Kobo software eventually allows a better interface. Signing in by Overdrive rather than a specific library card seems to be the answer.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, that's correct. Both will sync.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:17 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
Thanks for this. I gather, then, that since I have successfully set up Libby with my two library accounts, I can still synch these with the KA1, even if I can only search one library from within the device itself. If that is the case, it's workable enough, though I hope the Kobo software eventually allows a better interface. Signing in by Overdrive rather than a specific library card seems to be the answer.
Bookworm_Girl is right. They'll both sync, but you won't be able to browse the Kobo store from both library accounts. As long as you use Libby, however, you can have the best of both worlds. It's an extra step, but the Libby app is faster than using the KA1 to browse anyway.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
gilster
Connoisseur

Yes, Libby has turned out to be a real help!