Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
my shelves tag not working after reinstallation

Hi

I had to reinstall windows and reinstalled calibre. I forgot to make a complete backup of the calibre before reinstalling windows. So I used the backued calibre library with all my books. I had one book in the library that I hadn't sent to the device. But when sending it from the library to the device, it only show up under "Books". Not in the defined Collection specified in the Myshelves column field.

EDIT: When I in Calibre look in the device, the Collection column field is empty. The MyShelves (collection) specified name is not transferred.

I'm using a Kobo Glo HD
Before reinstalling Calibre, I put back the backuped Calibre library folder to My Document folder.
After reinstalling Calibre was asked a question for which calibre library folder to use. So I choosed the Calibre Library I alreday had with all my books. I only had one book in it that I hadn't sent to the device.

Anyone know why the collection names specified in the myshelves column doesn't follow the book to the device? Or why does not the book show up in the specified collection on the device? Only in the Books (unread)

How can I get the myshelves to work again? The column My shelves is shown. In the Myshelves field for the book the collection name is specified, as for the other books.

Last edited by marp68; 02-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

I have an old calibre configuration backup that I maybe could use. It's from the calibre version last spring. Don't remember the version number. It is zipped and is called "KoboReader-KoboGloHD-N437585926242-20161026-210608". But I can't find the way to Restore configuration backup.

How do I do that?

Or is this perhaps a kobo configuration backup?

EDIT: It was!

Last edited by marp68; 02-11-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Advert
Old 02-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
marp68
Addict

I solved it. In the driver configuration I ticked the Create Collection box and then added #myshelves in the Collections Columns field. That seemed to do the trick.

Is there a way to backup the Calibre configuration and how does one restore it. When I searched for some info on the matter, it just said to go to Preferencies/Miscelleous , but I can't find any configuration file through that.

Since I don't do these settings often, it would be great to be able to easy restore these kind of settings.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AFAIK The collection column IN DEVICE VIEW only works for older SONY
nothing else
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
AFAIK The collection column IN DEVICE VIEW only works for older SONY
nothing else
For the Kobo devices, the column shows the collections but can't be changed through it. marp68 is referring to setting which columns in the library are used to created collections on the device by the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
I solved it. In the driver configuration I ticked the Create Collection box and then added #myshelves in the Collections Columns field. That seemed to do the trick.

Is there a way to backup the Calibre configuration and how does one restore it. When I searched for some info on the matter, it just said to go to Preferencies/Miscelleous , but I can't find any configuration file through that.

Since I don't do these settings often, it would be great to be able to easy restore these kind of settings.
On the Miscellaneous page of the preferences, press the "Open calibre configuration directory" button. That is where the preferences are saved. Copying everything in that directory will backup the preferences.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #7
marp68
Addict

Thanks