Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
404 When Connecting to Store

Is anybody else having this problem? When I start the eBook Library (on the computer that it still works on) and log into my account, I always get a page that says:
Page not available

The page you are trying to access is unavailable. Please try again later, or contact our customer support.

Go to eBook Store Home >
Contact Customer Support >

HTTP error: 404
However, I am logged in and can click on Go to eBook Store Home and browse normally. Weird.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I get that all the time. I just sigh, roll my eyes and click "Go to eBook Store Home >". It also never remembers my password even though I checked off "Remember my password".
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
ashort
Connoisseur
ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 10th Gen
Something similar happened to me. I tried all tricks in their web site and even reinstalled the eBook Library. It did not work so I sent Sony an email and their answer was that their system was temporarily down and to wait. So I waited some hours and then could log in normally without problem. There is another recent thread about this.
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
It doesn't appear to be a connection issue (that's something else going on); rather, it appears that the login process is trying to load a particular "Hi, thanks for logging in" page that doesn't exist (or that the URL built into the system is wrong).

Hasn't somebody from Sony ever logged into to their own account, even just to try the software?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
eBook Library never remembers yourpassword. It only remembers your email address if you want it to.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually it only has "Remember my login address on this computer", nothing about the password.

p.s.-- JSWolf, every time I see your red 505 avatar I feel a wave of envy and longing for a Sangria Red Reader!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do you mean that when you go to "Ebook Store" in the Finder area and then go to "Log in," you do NOT see the word "Password" right below the words "Email Address"?

How's this for an oddity:

Go the the NEW FREE EBOOK, Weird Tales #350 and select it. They want $2.84 for this free ebook!!!
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sony just now FIXED their Freebie. Now there's NO CHARGE for

WIERD TALES #350.

Don
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Actually it only has "Remember my login address on this computer", nothing about the password.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Do you mean that when you go to "Ebook Store" in the Finder area and then go to "Log in," you do NOT see the word "Password" right below the words "Email Address"?
Of course I see that, but the check box only says "Remember my login address on this computer" which is exactly what it does; it remembers my e-mail address but not my password.

Perhaps I should have stated 'It does not say 'Remember my login address AND PASSWORD on this computer'.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, right.

That's the way Sony has decided to set up their log-in for all users. One must always type in the password.

Interestingly -- and I suppose in contrast to a different set of logic -- both MobileRead and Fictionwise allows one to have both parameters memorized.

Don
Old 08-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Yeah, Sony is one of the few places I've seen that doesn't memorize both.