Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Friday drivel

When sadness creeps
upon your soul
necks of madness pin
silent screams
across a vast empty plain
though within the realm
unheard it should be
nasty voice mumbles
do it do it

But

Down the tunnel
of your soul
a fading light red
declares
TGIF
It’s time for drinks

radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we stop the day of the week posts? They are a bit annoying.

I'm not posting this as a mod., just as a user who feels we've had more then enough of them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Ok - But as question and being newish here - Why are they annoying?

Bob
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
There's a long list of thing that annoy the Wolf. Of course, many of us really enjoy annoying the Wolf. It's almost a calling for some of us.

My favorite is "Thou Shalt Never Refer to an Ebook Reader as an "E-Reader" Lest Ye be Smited Severely About the Head."

So .... we now add "Thou Shalt Never Place the Name of a Weekday in the Subject Line of Thy Posts, For Verily, That is the Work of the Devil."

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We need to keep up with these Proclamations. Maybe put them into an ebook and carry them around with us on our ereaders so that we can eread them when we forget?

I don't think the Big Bad Wolf likes PINK either.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Here's to Friday - not just another day of the week!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That would be fuscia - not pink.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyertoo View Post

Down the tunnel
of your soul
a fading light red
declares
TGIF
It’s time for drinks

Make mine a Mylanta - had fried tacos for lunch.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
That would be fuscia - not pink.
Pretty!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyertoo View Post
Ok - But as question and being newish here - Why are they annoying?

Bob
Cause they are only good one day a week.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Fortunately, Hog Rider Dude's poetry (is it original, Bob?) will survive for another day. I love The Lounge because there are almost no rules. Post aplenty.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
We need to keep up with these Proclamations. Maybe put them into an ebook and carry them around with us on our ereaders so that we can eread them when we forget?

I don't think the Big Bad Wolf likes PINK either.
Oh, gack!! None of us like THAT COLOR. That's just simply disgusting!! Eeeeewwwww!!

OK .... so it's Friday, and I'm going to a party tonight. However, my back hurts ... so, do I:

1. Take some vicodin now, and go to the party free of pain, but stupid from the get-go?; or
2. Be in pain for another two and a half hours, and then drink like an alcoholic fish from the moment I set foot in the door? or
3. Take some vicodin now, and drink myself into a coma at the party, figuring that no one will notice anything out of the ordinary??

Decisions ... decisions.

I vote we compile the "Things that Annoy JSWolf" into an ebook ... but we have to wait until ebooks can be in color so it can have a blue cover and we can put it next to the fish.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, gack!! None of us like THAT COLOR. That's just simply disgusting!! Eeeeewwwww!!

OK .... so it's Friday, and I'm going to a party tonight. However, my back hurts ... so, do I:

1. Take some vicodin now, and go to the party free of pain, but stupid from the get-go?; or
2. Be in pain for another two and a half hours, and then drink like an alcoholic fish from the moment I set foot in the door? or
3. Take some vicodin now, and drink myself into a coma at the party, figuring that no one will notice anything out of the ordinary??

Decisions ... decisions.

I vote we compile the "Things that Annoy JSWolf" into an ebook ... but we have to wait until ebooks can be in color so it can have a blue cover and we can put it next to the fish.

Take some Vicodin, skip the party, and lie down with an ice pack under your back. I wish you would concentrate on healing over the long weekend.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Take some Vicodin, skip the party, and lie down with an ice pack under your back. I wish you would concentrate on healing over the long weekend.
I agree.........for what its worth.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Now, now. No reason for us children to become brutes. I personally love childishness but have little taste for the other.

Ricky, I truly fear for your internal chemistry. Just don't do anything you or we will regret, please!