Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
TOC not working on AZW3 books?

Calibre version 1.45
Windows 7

On two books recently I have tried to create or amend aTOC and it has not appeared in the reader view.

Both files were azw3 format. One converted from mobi and one from epub.

In book one there was no TOC shown in the reader.
I created a TOC in the Editor. Saved changes and returned to the reader - still no TOC in view.
Retried with the toolbar button but this showed the editor saved one as fine. Altered it slightly and saved again - still not showing in the reader.
Appears fine in the editor and toolbar TOC access.

In book two there was a TOC shown in the reader but with items I wanted to show differently.
I edited the TOC in Editor by moving the cover reference from the end to the top. Saved changes and returned to the reader - no change to the shown TOC.
Repeated in toolbar TOC access but still not in reader view.

Is this a problem with azw3 files? I have previously only edited epub files and never had a problem like this before.

My kindle was elsewhere so I could not load and check there.
Eventually to complete the tasks I edited epub versions and re-converted to azw3. This seems to have worked fine.
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Both amending and creating ToCs in azw3 work for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Thanks Kovid for a quick reply and even more for the whole project.

I will try again.

[Later]
Buggrit!! Cannot reproduce it - cannot remember the files concerned and it is working fine on all others I have tested.

I am now in the corner looking shamefaced ;-(

Last edited by cager; 07-24-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: More info
cager is offline   Reply With Quote