Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
salinda
salinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo glo, bebook club s
my kobo freezes in sleepmode

it has been twice in two days, that my kobo glo freezes when i shut my sleepcover. so when i open it, i cannot do anything, and must rest it with a sharp thing.
can i set my kobo not to sleep, or does it cost tomuch battery, or will it freeze anyway?
salinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, you can simply push the switch and hold it for a couple seconds and turn the Glo off, rather than allowing it to sleep. But, it'll take a little time each time you turn it on to reboot. You can set the Glo to ignore the sleep cover, or to never sleep.

You'd probably be better off trying to eliminate the problem.

Reboot after each time you try changing something.

Since you've already tried the paperclip reset I'd try:

Powering the unit off by holding the switch and then rebooting to see what happens when you try to sleep it the next time. After you power it off, you may need to press the switch, wait a few seconds and press(hold it for a few seconds until the led flashes) it again before it reboots, mine does that. (probably could skip this one since you've been resetting with a paperclip)

Have you tried sleeping it by briefly pressing the switch without the sleep cover? Same results? Some people had issues where the pocket inside a sleep cover would sometimes interrupt the IR beams over the screen that detect touch and fool the reader into staying powered up or doing other strange things with sleep covers.

If you have an external SDHC card inserted, you could try removing that and seeing if it makes a difference.

You could log out and log back in through the settings menu. You'll need to sync and may need to reload books. This will rebuild the internal database and may help if things are messed up.

Try a factory reset from the settings menus. That will put everything back the way it was when the reader was first activated and you'll have to go through firmware upgrading and sync your content and reload any sideloaded content.

If all that fails, you may try just putting a few books on at a time and seeing what happens. Some people have reported a particular book causing problems, but it's hard to track down if you have a lot of sideloaded books because it is an incremental process. If you really have a lot of books you can try loading half, and each time splitting that half or the other half in half until you isolate the bad group and so on.

Lastly, if it's under warranty, contact Kobo via chat and see about an exchange. They're pretty good about it through the chat, but the email results tend to be rather less helpful.

Good Luck!

Last edited by TechniSol; 03-13-2014 at 02:16 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This sounds it might be the same as https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235292. Kobo are looking at it that problem. Could you have a look and see if there are any "stack_nn.log" files in the .kobo directory? If so, could you post them. That will help see if it is the same problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote