Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The Road to Success in NaNoWriMo (Ebook about NaNo)

I know it's a few months yet til NaNoWriMo but I came across this ebook about it last night and thought I'd post a link. I bought a copy and it does have some good stuff in it, and it's not that expensive either at only .99 for a copy.

NaNoWriMo
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Interesting. Thanks crich!

I always consider giving this a try each year, but have yet to do it....other than one abortive attempt many years ago....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Interesting. Thanks crich!

I always consider giving this a try each year, but have yet to do it....other than one abortive attempt many years ago....
You're welcome Kennyc. It does take a good level of commitment to keep pushing towards the 50k mark. I made it once (in 2009) and still have to go back and edit my manuscript from that to see if it is salvageable or not. I intend to do what I can in the coming months to write a 50k manuscript (using this book to help me). It will be interesting to see if it works as well as it looks like it might.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I always think about it each year... but then I remember that I am behind on my n-th book and my fans are starving to death on the side of the road in anguish looking for my next book so I just focus on that.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Maybe I'll participate this year, so I at least have SOME stuff of my story on paper.

I know from my uni days that if I combine some good music with a moderate amount of whisky, that I can write like some sort of obsessed monster. (It does require careful spelling corrections afterwards.) Maybe I should try it again.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Writing and whisky sounds like a bad idea. In fact whisky sounds like a bad idea. ...

I'm biased though. I've seen way too many people destroyed by alcohol.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Hehe. Moderation is key, as with anything in life.

My whisky consumption is about 4 bottles a year. I mostly get two as a present at my birthday, and two with Christmas, and that will last me the entire year. If it doesn't.... I don't care enough to actually go and buy more, price being the main consideration.

Whisky (and gin or wodka-tonic) is the only alcoholic stuff I actually drink. I detest beer. It should be forbidden
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Maybe you should add your review, right now it has one, one-star review..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I know it's a few months yet til NaNoWriMo but I came across this ebook about it last night and thought I'd post a link. I bought a copy and it does have some good stuff in it, and it's not that expensive either at only .99 for a copy.

NaNoWriMo
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Maybe you should add your review, right now it has one, one-star review..
Done.