Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Converting html to mobi

Hi Guys,

I have one question on which probably I know the answer that is not possible. But however I hope to be wrong.

When I convert a html text to mobi I use the followin tag generate name=h2 tag to create table of content for kindle. However I have two table of contents - one in kindle menu, and second one by the end of the book. How can I remove the second one table of content? I just want to have one in the menu of the kindle

Last edited by donMaranzano; 08-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
However I have two table of contents - one in kindle menu, and second one by the end of the book. How can I remove the second one table of content? I just want to have one in the menu of the kindle
I'm not a Mobi expert, but I believe that the TOC at the end of the html is the one used by the Kindle's menu. In other words I don't think in this instance that you have two TOCs, if you remove the TOC at the end you will be removing the TOC the Kindle uses for its menu.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

I made it. How? When I convert the html to mobi (only for the first time) it's happens. The next time you convert html it adds automatically second toc.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
donMaranzano
Zealot

Does someone know how to remove it? I hate this second TOC at the end of the html file.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Try a convert to epub. Remove the original html. Then convert the epub to mobi.

I have no problems with a visible toc at the end of the file when I convert to mobi from epub.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #6
donMaranzano
Zealot

I made it. When I convert to mobi output, just put the mark do no add table of contents and you have still toc in kindle.