Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
James Patterson Thinks That Books are Precious Snowflakes That Need to be Rescued...

James Patterson Thinks That Books are Precious Snowflakes That Need to be Rescued From Oblivion via The Digital Reader.

James Patterson speaks out about his aggressive “book industry bailout” ads : the Salon interview.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Save all the libraries, absolutely.

The rest? Not going to happen.

I'm groggy and waiting on my coffee so I'm just going to add that I think he's just bitter because I am sure I'm not the only one who reads his name and has to pause and ask, "Isn't that the sparkly vampire kid?"
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I think he's just upset because some people are reading backlist books in eformat rather than paying for his current over-priced ghost-written masterpiece - as if $93 million a year isn't enough for him.

Konrath on Patterson
Old 04-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Interesting. Personally, I think his churning out masses of literary fast food is probably doing much more to hurt the industry and its willingness to take risks on smaller but more significant works.

Currently, IMHO, he's the part of the problem, not the solution.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Phooey, I just noticed there is already a thread on this topic in the General forum. Sorry.
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

With the exception of cuneiform text on sun-baked clay tablets, most ancient writings have disappeared because they could not withstand the forces of nature. Animals and plants die, and their bodies and fibers deteriorate. Since most writings prior to the digital age were placed on sheets made of animal skin or plant fiber, most have turned into dust. Even more modern paper has been ravished by insects and acidic inks. I think writings will have a much better chance of surviving the eons to come if they are digitized. Assuming there is anyone around in a million years I doubt they will find many, if any, of the non-digital writings of early humans. And yes a million years from now we will be considered "early humans" in the literary sense as writing has only been around for a few thousand years.

Unfortunately the quality of writing seems to be on a downward trend what with all the blogs, websites, texting, emailing, etc. But that has little to do with libraries and a lot to do with the ability of anyone who owns a computer, smartphone, etc. to become self-published. In the era when publishing meant ink on physical medium, most people never got published, thankfully. Today anyone can get published and most seem to, though most seem not to be literary geniuses.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please go here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211570

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread