Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
phaetongraph
phaetongraph began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Question TextMate?

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I downloaded TextMate but i can't open the program. When I click on the program (zip file) it just starts the download again. I must have about a dozen TM downloads in the DL folder by now!

Advice appreciated!

Thanks,

P
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Ahh.. Once again, "HowTo" is interpreted to mean "How Can I?".

In English, "HowTo" is in idiom meaning a tutorial or guide that contains instructions telling "How To" do something.

TextMate is a COMMERCIAL text editor for Mac OS based on emacs:
http://macromates.com/

Regarding your TextMate zip file:
1) What computer are you trying to open it on?
2) What program is associated with .zip files on your computer? (Normally, something that would UNZIP it or view its contents).
3) Where is your download folder?
4) What does this have to do with Kindle Development?
5) Why did you create this thread in the Kindle Developer's Corner forum?

I did try to find anybody describing a problem similar to yours on the greater "interwebs" using Google, but apparently you are the one and only person who has this problem. Perhaps try reinstalling it on your Mac?

Or you could open up a compression program on your Mac, and then tell it to extract your zip file, instead of double-clicking the zip file.

I did find a Windows clone of TextMate, called "E":
http://www.e-texteditor.com/[/COLOR]

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-13-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nice bit of research.
I didn't recognize that as a Mac system application just by its name.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
phaetongraph
phaetongraph began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post

In English, "HowTo" is in idiom meaning a tutorial or guide that contains instructions telling "How To" do something.
Indeed.

1. I am using a 2Core computer running Windows 7.
2. Microsoft Explorer.
3. That would be on the hard drive, C:
4. I found a thread mentioning TextMate on this Kindle forum, I couldn't find a sub-forum for TextMate.
5. As above.

It seems I have acted in error and read 'macro' into MacroMates instead of the intended, presumed "Mac"? Thus I have subscribed to the wrong software for my computer. I have requested a refund from the seller.

Many thanks for your help.

P
Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
HowTo label removed from thread.

I agree that this is the wrong forum, but since the question is now answered, I'm just going to close the thread.
Advert
Closed Thread