Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
pianobar Pandora client

EDIT: latest version attached. Bugmenot has made some cool scripts that show album cover and lyrics. Pianobarfly included to allow saving songs as played. Also includes a script to convert wma to mp3. Also Kual button allows playback using mplayer. /edit

I've been messing around with this for a while. It does kind of work, I can listen to a station directly with auto login.

I needed to add a file(libalsa.so) to the root filesystem at /usr/lib/ao/plugins-4/ and make a new file /etc/libao.conf that contains this single line:default_driver=alsa

I plan on making it run in kterm so you have more control, also it times out pretty quickly so I need to kill and restart it.

Work in progress.

There is an option for a non-us proxy in the .config/pianobar/config file. Change the HOME variable to match your setup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pianobar.zip (12.83 MB, 274 views)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 01-23-2015 at 02:20 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah - I built that before... sadly it is US only.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Linu...adio-pianobar/
says:
Make an account on http://www.pandora.com. If you are not in the US you will need to connect through a proxy during the registration process, there's an extension for Chrome and Firefox called media hint (https://mediahint.com/), which will make the process easy. Just install it and browse to Pandora. You will also have to enter a US zip code (any zip code will work...).

I've not tried it, just makes sense if you really want Pandora. I totally understand shunning it on principle. Just want to share what I'm working on now.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info.
Too many hoops for me.
Respect for the work mate.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist

since I'm not having much luck with other projects, I thought maybe I'd close this one.

REQUIRES: kterm to use the KUAL buttons.

pianobar is a command line Pandora client
pianobarfly is a client that allows recording (only in m4a ??)

config files must be edited to allow access, in pianobar/.config/pianobar*/config

This package includes mplayer, lame, and faad so I can either listen in m4a format with mplayer, or convert with included script from m4a2mp3 but it takes a LONG TIME to convert. I didn't add a KUAL button for that function.

To bad it's US only, as it is a nice way to hear streaming songs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pianobar.zip (4.75 MB, 247 views)
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
DUDDEE you are a god! My kindle hacking is now complete. I see no reason why the proxies won't work. Have you tested it? All I have to do is install the extension? I've been trying to find a compatible package on ipkg forever!
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
twobob

you see. and this is why people should link their apps to the index...

just saying :P
Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you see. and this is why people should link their apps to the index...

just saying :P
nag, nag, nag.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1st0ph3rc View Post
DUDDEE you are a god! My kindle hacking is now complete. I see no reason why the proxies won't work. Have you tested it? All I have to do is install the extension? I've been trying to find a compatible package on ipkg forever!
Install the extension. also make sure kterm is installed.

follow the readme in the install directory, as you need to modify some system files to make alsa work right. I don't mind this, you might?

edit the config file in extensions/pianobar/.config/pianobar/config with your username and password from pandora.com (I think this is where you need to go in with a proxy first, to create a uname/pass?? I don't need this as I am in the US).

try it out. If you can't figure it out, ask for help
Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #10
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

It crashes at login... I moved the files as it says in the install readme. I also double checked them with kindle explorer. Bad proxy?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1st0ph3rc View Post
It crashes at login... I moved the files as it says in the install readme. I also double checked them with kindle explorer. Bad proxy?
the alsa files are not used until you are logged in, so I would have to assume thats the place to troubleshoot. Did you change the proxy info in the pianobar config file? I'm really not sure about the non US stuff, but there should be some info on Google?

from another website:

Listen to Pandora where not available

Top | Download | Install/Setup | Pandora One | Pandora anywhere | Usage | Donate

Pandora is, at the time of writing this, only available in the USA, Australia and New Zealand. With pianobar it is possible to listen to Pandora from anywhere in the world. Start by making an account at Pandora.com. For the registration process you will need to connect through a proxy, there's an extension for Chrome and Firefox called Media Hint, which will make the process easy. Just install it and browse to Pandora. You will also have to enter a US zip code (any zip code will work...).

When you play music with pianobar you need to connect through a proxy server as well, if you don't have one of your own (one option is to get a US based web server and run PHPProxy or CGIProxy) you can check out Hide My Ass or spys.ru for lists of free proxies, and add this line to the pianobar config file (change the numbers to a working proxy server):
control_proxy = http://165.225.xxx.xxx:80
Old 11-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #12
twobob

hmm... Im pretty sure I also built this thing somewhere/someonce, don't recall it crashing and I am over here in the UK.

I'll grab down Brians and check if you like chr1st0ph3rc?
Did you get past the crashing? I didnt have any account details to login with the last time I think. I could try a bit harder if required...
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #13
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast

not sure what you mean "I'll grab down Brians and check if you like chr1st0ph3rc?" but sure!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
twobob

I will grab down Brians copy here, and check it via a proxy from somewhere other than the USA?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #15
brianinmaine
Evangelist

does it actually crash or does it just fail to login? can you ssh in and try running just extensions/pianobar/pianobar <-actual run script. the other script is just a wrapper for kterm. if you run it in ssh you can get more info. also, if you change the alsa config file to debug instead of quiet, you get tons of alsa messages.

did you reboot after changing system files?