Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Device you most recently read a book on?
Amazon Kindle 71 30.08%
Android Device 26 11.02%
Apple Device 19 8.05%
Barnes & Noble Nook 23 9.75%
Bookeen 5 2.12%
Kobo Reader 15 6.36%
PocketBook 8 3.39%
Sony Reader 77 32.63%
More E-Book Readers 9 3.81%
Alternative Devices 19 8.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Device Most Recently Read From?

It's time for an UNUTTERABLY SILLY POLL!

What eBook reader have you most recently read a book on?

(Poll options taken from the main page. PLEASE DON'T YELL AT ME. )
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
What poll options? For that matter, where's the poll?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
What poll options? For that matter, where's the poll?
GIMME A SECOND.

Multiple choice for those of you who read one page on each device. Weirdos.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not singling you out (honest!), but I've often wondered why it seems so popular around here to first post the new thread and then comeback a little later to add the poll? Is it not possible to do it all at once (I admit to knowing nothing about poll creation)?

Spoiler:
Actually, I'm just so anxious to check that Kindle box that I can't stand it that the poll wasn't available from the get-go.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
What would be the correct answer if it's Kindle Fire?
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Device I most recently read a book on?

A comfy chair.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not singling you out (honest!), but I've often wondered why it seems so popular around here to first post the new thread and then comeback a little later to add the poll? Is it not possible to do it all at once (I admit to knowing nothing about poll creation)?
It's the only way to do a poll, or that I know of anyway. You press a button at the bottom that says "Include a poll with this thread". Then when you hit "post", it says "Thank you for your post! If you selected the option to add a poll, you may do so now!"

Or something to that effect.

Last edited by anamardoll; 03-08-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm always learnin'... Thanks!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm always learnin'... Thanks!
Everyone should make at least one poll!

You could make one in the lounge. "Do you like DiapDealer? Yes, or HECK YES?"
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I left my Kindle at work, and my daughter needed her bedtime stories. So, I had one of these crappy fake 'netbook' devices you get at CVS. I put the book, The Tin Woodman of Oz on it, and finally got some use out of the thing.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
I voted "Android Device," because I most recently read on my Kindle Fire using Aldiko. However, that's probably a grey area...
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
It's the only way to do a poll, or that I know of anyway. You press a button at the bottom that says "Include a poll with this thread". Then when you hit "post", it says "Thank you for your post! If you selected the option to add a poll, you may do so now!"

Or something to that effect.
It's kind of comical really. All the while, the thread is live and thriving and people are talking while the poll creator is trying to make the options all nice and stuff.

I've embarrassed myself doing polls quite stupidly trying to beat the rush haha!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Is a hardcover book an "alternative device"?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Voted for Sony and Apple. Was reading on my PRS-350 (plenty of downtime while waiting for testing equipment to finish) when I got summoned by the boss so I switched to the iPhone (usually means waiting for 10 mins or more before he can give me instructions). It's easier to say I was checking email on my phone than it is to explain the e-ink reader.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I voted my Sony reader and "other device". I still use calibre a LOT at home. I wish every reader was as beautiful as the reader that is on calibre. I mostly use the Sony when away from my computer or when on transit, which still is on strike since Feb 2nd.... sigh.

Soon, I will also have my daughter's future e-reader which also plays videos and seems to be a pretty good multiple function device. I will have a month before her birthday to see what it is like and to buy books for her and load all her favorite public domain books on it. After owning two e-readers with wifi and using them maybe a handful of times, my husband and I both agree that wifi is not too important as most of her books I can transfer from her computer via usb anyway.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote