Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Got iRiver Cover Story question is do you convert Manga?

Hi Guys,
I got an iRiver Cover Story today, however want to ask do you guys just keep the zip file or anyone using calibre to convert so that it actually fits the ereader perfectly? I'm trying to outweigh it as I have a Sony PRS650 however I always found it annoying to convert to LRF format all the time as most manga is zip/rar, but I noticed if I don't convert the images are not fit exactly for the reader. So question is to iRiver Story/Cover Story owners do you convert your manga?
Thanks
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
May depend on the page size it was originally formatted for. If it's Japanese, don't they typically use the "B" series of paper sizes? Which means the screen ratio may not quite fit.

I don't have any actual manga -- only some graphic novels, and the screen seems more friendly to graphics originally composed to fit a page in the A4 or US Letter dimensions.

I've never had to convert any myself, so I just leave them in the zip file. But I've heard others say calibre is the way to go. Just have no experience of it myself.

(Hmmm, that probably wasn't any help at all. Sorry!)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert