Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
higginsfamily
higginsfamily began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Leaving Dirty Jersey: A Crystal Meth Memoir by James Salant

I don't know what interested me with this book, but I'm half way through it and have to say that it has me hooked. Lately I've been reading medical non-fiction and biographies/memoirs.
higginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Added it to my wish list. I am in a SF rut at the moment and need to break it. Let us know your impressions once you finish it.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've been breaking my SF/Fantasy rut with mysteries and thrillers. I'm reading some Agatha Christie, J.D. Robb, & David Baldacci.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
higginsfamily
higginsfamily began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just Finished

I just finished this book and was impressed. I couldn't put it down. As a person that is so far removed from this lifestyle, I didn't/can't understand how someone could choose the life of a junkie over a clean one (like his parents). I just wanted to read more and more. There were great descriptions of how he felt and what the drugs did to his mind. I highly recommend if you are looking for something different to read.
higginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
amccaw_92
amccaw_92 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I thought that this book was very real and to the point. I loved how the author got into detail all throughout the book, and how this actually happens in real life. I recommend this book to anyone that wants something different to read, and doesn't mind a book that sure doesn't censor out a single word.
amccaw_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert