Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
olivertimm
olivertimm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook reader for magazines

Hello,
apologies for asking this question. I have read all other threads very carefully especially the most recent one before asking again. I am looking for a pdf reader as well but couldn't find the correct model in the other threads. My requirements are very simple.

I read only magazines and ebooks in pdf
I need a large screen
I don't need to do any annotations
I need the reader asap.
I read lot of magazines like macworld etc as pdf but no scientific articles (would this be the same?)
I don't read any articles with any graphs
Not too heavy or bulky. Want to use it in bed and on the beach.

Bottom line, I need a very simple but very good pdf reader and not more.
Great would be a reader supporting colours but I think this would be only the ipad
I thought the DittoBookTM D9 would be the right one. Is it out? I was on their webpage and it looked like they sell it?
Can anybody help?
Thanks
olivertimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Can't help you with your ASAP and PDF needs. But I think you're on to something. I am just now also thinking how nice it would be to read Calibre ePub magazines on a tablet style reader. Not the heavier Windows Tablet PC, but an instant-on, light device like the iPad.

Zoomy-fast page turns past boring articles, plus a reduced number of pages. That'll make it possible to read/skim magazines much faster.

Calibre runs on Linux, Windows, and OS X. Just need to find a tablet that runs one of those platforms from the many new offerings, with a form factor we like. I hope there's one out there.

You might want to look at Calibre's magazine offerings. They're especially wonderful because they're free!

Last edited by jj2me; 03-25-2010 at 06:06 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert