Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #1
lrpirlet
Connoisseur
lrpirlet began at the beginning.

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Device: PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Hello... Bonjour

Hello.

I am Louis Richard. (Yes, before you ask, both Christian names without "-" do make my first name). That said I have been named Louis or Richard Or LR or LRP... I have even been named Pierre Richard, but that one is quite another guy of the funny type.

I have come here because I found this very very nice place where everything about Calibre, Ebooks and Kindle is discussed and even more topics. Obviously with real good solid knowledge.

In fact I was absolutely frustrated because of the so invasive way of imposing latest firmware 5.12.4… I used to have version 5.6.1 on my PW3 and "had to re-init" the device after I moved the 3685th document from my pc and could not see it for 10 hours (yes, I know, I should have waited more with the device powered)… Device a 5.6.1, registration, device at 5.12.4 with a new interface and more than 3000 documents to dispatch in some like 15 colletions or about 2 days work… Thanks, that is customer service.

So should i care about those who do not care? I guess it is time to act… How to root (or better how to jail-brake) that device? the answer, and many others, are in this group with a lot of obvious knowledge.

Tant que j'y suis, un petit bonjour dans ma langue natale.
lrpirlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

As to unwanted updates, you don't necessarily need to jailbreak to avoid them. Just keep wifi off and sideload your books via Calibre. You can install updates manually if you want them. And no, installing updates doesn't mean you have to reload all your books. They should stay on the device. Still, going from 5.6.1 to 5.12.4 is a very big step and probably messed up your device.

If you do want to jailbreak, there is a Kindle Developers subforum in the Amazon Kindle section. You can find help there.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert